Shield is a global startup, with offices in TLV, NYC, LDN, and LIS.
We’re rapidly growing and looking for another super-important piece of the puzzle – VP R&D, to take our teams to the next level!
As the VP of R&D, you will play a critical role in building an innovative R&D department, that strives for excellence. You will define and execute the company’s R&D strategy, ensuring the timely delivery of enterprise-grade deliverables that are based on processes, quality, and documentation.
So if you are a true leader and business partner who can look to the future as well improve everyday processes, who knows how to build a strong, self-driven leadership with winner mentality – we’d love to meet you!
We can’t promise it will be easy, but definitely exciting and most importantly – FUN.
Let’s get down to business:
- Develop and execute the R&D vision and strategy in alignment with the company’s overall business objectives.
- Lead, inspire, and mentor a team of talented R&D and DevOps professionals, fostering a high-performance culture and promoting continuous learning and development.
- Collaborate with senior executives, such as Operations and Product, to ensure best cross-functional processes.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as Sales, to understand customer needs and deliver exceptional products and services.
- Oversee the entire product development lifecycle, including design, development, testing, automation and deployment.
- Continuously assess industry trends, technological advancements, and customer feedback to inform product enhancements and new product offerings.
- Develop and manage the R&D budget, ensuring optimal allocation of resources to meet project deadlines and deliver on strategic objectives.
- Ownership of R&D deliveries creating high-quality software solutions on tight schedules.
- Identify talent gaps and oversee recruitment efforts to build a diverse and skilled R&D team.
- Create an organization that acts in maximum visibility and predictability with professional risk management.
- Clear desire to do all of the above
- Relevant degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven track record of at least 8 years in leading and scaling R&D operations (min 50 engineers) for enterprise software products.
- At least one position as part of the company’s senior management team.
- Experience building complex server-side systems, using Java, Python, ElasticSearch, Presto and Cloud.
- Experience in managing global R&D teams, fostering collaboration across geographically distributed locations.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire, motivate, and develop high-performing teams.
- Deep understanding of software development methodologies and best practices.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
Oh hey, you made it all the way here! So, in case you were wondering,
Shield is how compliance teams in financial services can finally read between the lines to see what their employee communications are really saying. We are a post Series B startup with some of the largest financial organizations in the world as investors and customers.
Our platform analyzes digital interactions to fight financial crimes and mitigate a toxic workplace environment.
Shielders listen more intently. Pay closer attention to the details. Make the extra effort. Care. It’s what we do at Shield every day. And not just for our customers, but for everyone we work with. It’s all about creating a world where people understand and trust each other.
Shield is set to do good in the world, we help protect market integrity and people’s financial assets.