Shield is a global startup, with offices in TLV, NYC, LDN, and LIS.
We’re rapidly growing and looking for another important piece of the puzzle.
Is it you?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Strategic Account Sales with a passion for bringing new logos and join our growing Sales team on the East Coast. As a Strategic Account Sales, you will report directly to the North America VP Sales and you will be responsible for new business development across our target markets, focusing on growing our customer base for Shield’s Communications Compliance suite of solutions.
We can’t promise it will be easy, but definitely exciting and most importantly – FUN.
Let’s get down to business:
- New business development across financial services companies both on the buy-side, and sell-side.
- Seek out and start to build relationships with the appropriate contacts in these target markets.
- Generate leads and cold-call prospective customers either through your network, via online sources, or act upon qualified leads that come in via partners.
- Conduct meetings with potential customers and be an ambassador for Shield.
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these requirements.
- Have solid negotiation skills in order to give a steer on pricing and help draw up client contracts and legal documents with support from the wider team.
- Be confident in doing a demo of our platform and ensuring the right people are on hand to answer more specific technical questions.
- Help to plan and support sales campaigns in conjunction with the Marketing team.
Experience and skills
- Have sound knowledge and experience within financial services and/or archiving/surveillance. Understanding of capital markets.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with at least 5+ years of proven success in a quota-carrying client-facing sales role.
- Prior experience and knowledge of financial services regulations or regulatory technology are ideal but not essential.
- Ability to manage a technically complex sales process involving a multitude of stakeholders.
- Some experience of SaaS and cloud technologies – preferred.
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies and ability to quickly become an SME on Shield’s unique platform and capabilities.
- A sense of assertiveness and directness. Ability to think longer-term coupled with fast execution of short-term priorities.
- A sense of humor and humility. Ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization and partner effectively with clients externally.
Oh hey, you made it all the way here!
So, in case you were wondering,
Shield is how compliance teams in financial services can finally read between the lines to see what their employee communications are really saying. We are a post-Series B startup with some of the largest financial organizations in the world as investors and customers.
Our platform analyzes digital interactions to fight financial crimes and mitigate a toxic workplace environment.
Shielders listen more intently. Pay closer attention to the details. Make the extra effort. Care. It’s what we do at Shield every day. And not just for our customers, but for everyone we work with. It’s all about creating a world where people understand and trust each other.
Shield is set to do good in the world, we help protect market integrity and people’s financial assets.
The base salary for this role is between $120,000 USD – $150,000 USD a year with an additional on-target variable compensation package and company’s equity. The salary will be dependent upon many factors, including your experience level, skill set, and market knowledge. This range is based on Shield’s good faith estimate as of the date of the job posting and may be modified in the future.
Why join Shield?
We offer a unique career prospect in a high-growth and dynamic business, with an attractive compensation package and opportunity for rapid growth and team expansion. Shield is a special and limitless place to work where individuals are encouraged to bring their passion and align to our shared purpose and culture of excellence and innovation. We are now being scaled by some of the best minds in the industry globally and have a team who love what they do.
We operate a flexible working model, where a mix of home working and traveling to client meetings/sites is required.
- Competitive compensation (base + commission)
- Company-paid benefits package
- Entrepreneurial environment
- Small team with a huge growth opportunity