Product and Subject Matter Expert
David Grinholz is a Product and Subject Matter expert at Shield FC. Prior to that, he was the Capital Market Practice Lead at Matrix—IFS. David has over 10 years of experience in strategic product definition, regulatory analysis, system implementation, data governance, business analysis, and strategic trading surveillance program definition.
Prior to Matix-IFS, David worked with various FinTech companies where he helped large financial institutions with the assessment, definition, and customization of overall surveillance and settlement and reconciliation programs, including the optimization of these programs that best suits the client’s business needs. David has a very good understanding of US & European regulations, Compliance Reporting, and Trade & eComm Surveillance.
Recent experience includes:
- Marketing and Sales, providing market analysis, defining go-to-market strategy and related collateral.
- Providing thought leadership through published articles and dedicated events.
- Providing sales support SME function, Scope definition as well as filling the ‘Strategic to Tactical’ gap for the business stakeholders.
- Defining and leading the Advanced Analytics applications in the Compliance landscape – mainly in the reduction of False Positives.
- Led vendor selection and strategy definition of various trading surveillance and compliance programs across top tier global financial institutions.
- Assisted financial institutions with data analysis methodologies, risk, coverage analysis, and acquisition programs, working with IT executives to develop processes transforming raw data into business insights.
- Provided subject matter expertise for a top tier broker, which included: Gap analysis between current surveillance program and regulatory oversight, gaps between vendor offering and compliances needs, detection definition across all asset classes, customization definition, data quality, and tuning.
- Led the definition, from inception, of the Energy trading surveillance program including the design of a new underlying data model and corresponding algorithmic needed for this very specific trading and compliance space. In charge of the entire road map.
- Hands-on experience delivering presentations to senior management, and business stakeholders, to communicate findings and recommendations and advising them with short and long term implementation roadmaps.
- Led complete restructuring and process definition for a global financial institution’s IT department, including streamlining requirements from end users to deployment, implementing iterative methodologies, planning, success metrics, and alignment with constantly changing regulatory demands.
- Led various visualization programs to facilitate compliance officer’s analysis, including managerial dashboards to highlight trends and risk throughout the surveillance departments.
- Managed a team of business, developers and UX/UI designer to increases end-user efficiency and reduce risk, across assets.
- Extensive product experience in NICE Actimize and Trade Surveillance systems at top tier financial institutions.
- Managed a team of consulting and technology professionals to assess risk and compliance data infrastructures - identify weaknesses, data lineage and front to back analysis.
Areas of Expertise
Market Surveillance (Detection Scenario Definition, eComm, Validation, Optimization & Calibration, Visualization), Regulatory Compliance, Risk Assessments.