Shield is transforming compliance with Workplace Intelligence.
Our mission is to give compliance teams visibility into their internal and external communications, so they know exactly where risks, misconduct and market abuse are coming from. By surfacing the last organizational untapped asset, our customers are meeting regulatory requirements, reducing operational costs and proactively detecting breaches.
Business Development Representative – Part time
We're looking for an ambitious 3rd year Student (or graduate) to join our growing global Sales team as Business Development Representative (BDR)
As a BDR on the Sales team, you will be the first point of contact for all of Shield’s outbound sales efforts — helping leads understand the problems Shield solves and generating demand and excitement for Shield’s product within large organizations that fall squarely within Shield highest value target market.
You will be directly contributing to Shield’s growth, learning the ropes of a early-stage startup and the ins and out of sales, and growing with the organization.
It is an incredibly exciting time at Shield — we're growing as never before — and with your help we'll reach even greater heights.
What You'll Do
- Generate cold leads, warm them up and convert them into qualified opportunities for the Account Executives.
- Draft highly personalized outreach messages that engage leads by helping them recognize the problems Shield solves and the value it can offer to their organizations.
- Cold call leads (even C-level executives) whenever that make sense.
- Quickly develop an understanding of Shield’s ideal customer base and effectively showcase Shield’s unique value propositions — whether through email, phone or video calls.
- Enjoy creative license and demonstrate resourcefulness in managing limited time and resources wisely, to ensure you're always doing things that really matter and get you closer to success.
- Create and manage automated sales sequences on HubSpot
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You have some experience in a BDR or SDR role and are comfortable engaging leads through email, phone, and video.
- You have a consultative sales approach and excel at developing your own sales style and tailoring every conversation to a lead's unique circumstances — we do not use mechanical sequences or scripts at Shield, so you'll be operating in a relatively unstructured environment.
- You believe in Shield’s mission and recognize the unique value Shield product offers.
- You are enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious, with a desire to continue learning and improving and take initiative to help promote the same among your peers.
- You are native in English writing and speaking - Mandatory
It'd be a bonus if
- You have experience at a early-stage B2B SaaS company.
- You have experience selling to large enterprises.
- You're familiar with tools like Hubspot, Sales Navigator.